First make sure that you have changed out the existing
batteries with new batteries. Then, you must perform the following action:
- Press the hold down the button for 3 seconds to turn off the power.
- Use a cloth to wipe clean the sensor area which is located below the beak of the dispenser
- Remove soap and replace with warm water.
- Keep on triggering the sensor so the warm water can dissolve the clog.
IF Problem Still Exist Continue with below:
- Remove soap from the container.
- Keep on triggering the sensor without the soap in the container. (This is to create a vacuum suction so that the clogged piece will pop out).
- Insert warm water into the soap container.
- Trigger the sensor a few times to dispense the water out from the dispensing area.
- Allow the unit to rest without batteries for at least 3 hours.
Turn water handle to full blast and meanwhile click the "Reset" button several times, let water
run one minute. Then reset the sensor adapter.
- Turn off the water.
- Put one hand under the EZ Faucet at the optimal sensor range; use the other hand to press on the "Reset" button for 4 seconds until green light flashes.
- Let go of both hands when green light stop flashing. Turn the water handle on. New sensor range is set.
Repeat this for a few times to lubricate the control valve.
If the reset did not work, I would suggest that you uninstall the unit completely and reinstall it. That sometimes does the trick for some customers. If that still does not work, there may be an internal defect and you would have to exchange/return it directly from the retailer that you purchased from.